With a long history of supporting our local communities, LJ Hooker takes pride in the many ways we give back - whether it's across the street or across the world. LJ Hooker Mount Isa is proud to support our local community.
- in 2016 we launched the LJ Hooker Foundation to further progress our philanthropic activities.
Community involvement - Whether it’s working to help schools, to community events or raising funds for the LJ Hooker Foundation you’ll find LJ Hooker Mount Isa in and around our community. It’s where we feel we make the greatest difference. We are a valuable contributor to our local community; from fundraising for everything from Buy-A-Bale, RSPCA, Paws Hoofs and Claws to Shave for a Cure and helping out Mount Isa Special School and the Variety Bashers - We have Mount Isa’s back!. And if you've had a cupcake from one of our many fundrasing cupcake drives you'll know we mean business!
Our history of helping others
As a group and as individuals, LJ Hooker has a proud past of helping others. Individual offices raise funds on a local level for a variety of causes including local schools and amenities, research into medical cures or the provision of goods and services for those most in need.
Locally LJ Hooker Mount Isa's contributions to our wonderful Mount Isa Community include;
* Gold Sponsors for the "Ink Project" raising funds for Paws, Hoofs and Claws
* Cupcake fundraisers raising in exess of $10,000 over the last 3 years in aid of; Paws, Hoofs and Claws, the RSPCA, Shave for a Cure, Frocktober in aid of the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation, WWF, Cupcakes for Christine
* Christmas gift drive for our local women's shelter
* Christmas goods and donations drive in aid of Buy a Bale to help our local farmers
We also Volunteer our time at the following community events:
* Assisting Mount Isa Special School with their Variety Bash Breakfast fundraisers
* Assisting Mount Isa Rotary with their Rotary Coffee Shop during the Mount Isa Rodeo
Our team members are also heavily involved in volunteering for local Rotary Clubs, the Mount Isa Show Society and other community groups
As a group, our contributions have made a real difference to many, including:
- Over $5 million raised for the Cystic Fibrosis Research Fund over a 18-year "Partnership in Caring"
- Over $1 million raised as part of the Tsunami Appeal, which directly funded part of the rebuilding efforts in Aceh, Indonesia.
- Over $1 million raised for SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) research through Red Nose Day activities.
- Over $80,000 raised to assist the Australian Red Cross 2009 Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
- The Bidwell Project through the Habitat for Humanity, which provided a home for a family.
- Over $56,000 raised for the 2011 Queensland Floods